Here are the sexual assault allegations levelled against President Trump and Joe Biden:
President Donald Trump
Has been accused of rape, sexual assault,and sexual harassment including non-consensual kissing or groping.
- So far 26 women have accused President Trump of sexual assault
- These accusations have resulted in at least four lawsuits by Jill Harth (1997), 'The Apprentice' contestant Summer Zervos (2017), Alva Johnson (2019), and writer E. Jean Carroll (2019).
- Most allegations against him came up after a 2005 Access Hollywood recording was leaked during the 2016 presidential campaign. In the recording, he was heard saying that a celebrity like himself "can do anything" to women, including "just start kissing them" and "grab 'em by the pussy."
- He allegedly walked inside the changing rooms of models competing in the Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageant as he owned both the competitions. He said in an interview that he could easily get away with these acts.
- In May 2016, NYT published the article "Crossing the Line: How Donald Trump Behaved with Women in Private" in which several women detailed instances of the President's inappropriate behavior.
- In 2019, the book 'All the President's Women: Donald Trump and the Making of a Predator', was published, which contained 43 additional allegations of sexual misconduct against Trump.
- Trump has denied the allegations, saying he has been the victim of media bias, conspiracies, and a political smear campaign.
Former VP Joe Biden
So far eight women have accused Biden of sexual assault and inappropriate behavior.
- In 2020, Tara Reade, a former Senate staffer, accused Biden of sexually assaulting her in a Capitol Hill basement in 1993.
- Reade also filed a police report regarding the assault, despite the statute of limitations having lapsed, for "safety reasons."
- Seven others, including former assemblywoman Lucy Flores, reported that Biden had touched them inappropriately and invaded their personal space. They added that his behavior didn't amount to sexual assault.
- Biden has also received criticism for commenting on the physical appearance of minor girls he met on the 2020 campaign trail. He reportedly told the brothers of a 13-year-old Iowa girl to “keep the guys away from your sister.”
- Biden issued an apology for not respecting women's personal space but later said he's "not sorry for anything that I've ever done."
- Biden has denied Reade's sexual assault allegations
Check out our app for more 👇